cool sim dating games online - Friend dating sights
Opened in 1951 for the Festival of Britain, the concert hall seats up to 2,930 - has a bookshop and a number of restaurants.
It is now part of the South Bank Centre, together with (9) Queen Elizabeth Hall, Purcell Room and (11) Hayward Gallery.
This Palladian building was erected in 1786 when the river still reached its walls.
A 100ft (30m) high glass roof covers the former Hays Wharf where the great tea clippers once moored.
Headquarters of HM Customs and Excise, the present building is the fifth on this site, the first dating back to the 14th century when all wool brought into London was weighed and taxed there.
Their name comes from the Knights Templar, founded in 1100 for the protection of pilgrims travelling to the Holy Land.
The Inns of Court (Grays Inn and Lincolns Inn are the others), have housed barristers chambers for over 500 years.
The present red-brick Gothic style building was completed in 1886 and houses 100,000 books.
Blackfriars Bridge Opened in 1869 by Queen Victoria.The column stands 202ft (62m) high, the same distance as from the starting point of the fire in Pudding Lane.It is also the tallest free-standing stone column in the world.Guided tours give an opportunity of witnessing this great Elizabethan theatre in its inaugural season following its reconstruction exactly as it would have been over 400 years ago.The tours paint a vivid picture of the surrounding area and of the theatre itself in which Shakespeare was not only a shareholder but also an actor and where most of his plays were first performed.Designed by Charles Barry and the underlying genius of Pugin who was responsible for all the decorative work.