) is a break-of-gauge junction station serving the village of Štrba, in the Prešov Region, northeastern Slovakia.The station forms part of the standard gauge Košice–Bohumín Railway (KBD), and is the highest point on that line.It is the principal railway station of the city of Nottingham and the Greater Nottingham area.
On 18 September 1896 a light engine, running tender first, was passing through the station when it came into collision with six empty fish trucks.
One of the trucks was thrown off the rails against a cast-iron column supporting the inner ends of the principals of the station roof, and when the column broke, a portion of the roof, about 94 feet (29 m) by 56.5 feet (17.2 m) fell onto the platforms and track. a local Nottingham architect, to rebuild the Midland station.
The station is currently owned by Železnice Slovenskej republiky (ŽSR); train services are operated by Železničná spoločnosť Slovensko (ZSSK).
, upon the commissioning of the KBD's Žilina–Poprad section.
By 1848, the new company had outgrown Carrington Street station and new lines to Lincoln had been opened.
A new through station was opened on the current station site on , replacing the Carrington Street station.The three storey station building houses information and ticketing facilities, and a restaurant.The standard gauge station yard has tracks equipped with low level platforms for passenger services, and tracks for freight workings and the stabling of rolling stock.The first contract for the station buildings was awarded to Edward Wood and Sons of Derby on 23 January 1903, who were also awarded the contract for the buildings on platforms 1 and 2 on 16 September 1903.The contract for the buildings on platforms 4 and 5 was awarded to Kirk, Knight & Co of Sleaford on 18 June 1903, who were also responsible for building the parcels office (Forward House) on Station Street, which opened in November 1903.Nottingham's first station was Carrington Street station, which opened in May 1839, when the Midland Counties Railway opened the line from Nottingham to Derby.